Yesterday Isaac fell down the stairs, all the way. It was scary. I saw him roll down. He cried for less than 30 seconds then continued to jump up the stairs, completely jumping up (both feet off the stair at the same time) one stair at a time.(I wonder how he fell?) Yeah...he's dumb. It's official. Momma's lesson number one: If you fall off the horse, get away from it! I'd like to know the mom that told her kid to get back on that horse!?!?! Yeah....I never want him on the stairs again. When we move, we are getting a ranch house!!! NO STAIRS!! My boys have not yet acquired that part of the brain that tells you went you've done something stupid and you're about to die. I can't handle stairs in my life. My husband is about to have a break down because I'm a stresscase about the stairs now. The crazy rules I gave him(Mind you, I'm giving rules to my husband at this point! Yeah, I've lost my sanity): 1) You can't leave Isaac alone. (We have 2 sets of stairs!) and 2) EVERYONE in the house has to now sit on their butt and slide down the stairs. (Yes, I nagged my husband yesterday about not following the second rule.)
I think I need a shrink and my boys need that extra part of their brain that we talked about earlier! They're killin' me Smalls.
Side Notes: Abram said pointing to me: "That's Isaac's mommy." Craig said, "Abram where's your mommy?" Abram: "I don't have one." (This was said while I was one the phone with the dr. office after Isaac's fall.)
Later in the day. Abram talking to me, "That's making you nuts, Mommy."(Again, with the stairs.) I said, "Abram, is it making you nuts?" Abram: "No, I don't have nuts."
I know I shouldn't have laughed about this last comment, but I couldn't help it!!!
kpenfoldfamily
9 years ago
4 comments:
Summ, I hope your little one is okay. I hate stairs too. We have three sets in our house. I dread when Noah can walk up them. I loved the cute comments your sons made. TOO CUTE!
Sorry about the stairs. Mine really scared me since there is tile at the bottome but Princess learned them pretty fast but she is MUCH more timmid than Issac so I don't have to worry about her jumping up or down them.
Love the things your kids say. I think I've gotten so used to the weird things my kids say that I forget to laugh, seriously. Although I did laugh at myslef "playing" hide and seek with Adelyn yesturday ;).
It's nice to know there are other nut cases out there. Stairs are scary for all mommas!
Ahhh, the stair falling! I'm always amazed at the flexibility and resiliency of a child after one of those :) Thanks for keeping up with our blog, that means a lot. Loves from the Costleys
Post a Comment