
So one of my great friends, who I mind you is just as rambunctious, high-energy, and opinionated as me (yes you are), wrote this:
"This morning I woke up to my little munch-kins getting ready for the day as usual. They always wake up so early (and I do not) that they are typically ready for the day before I realize the sun is up.....
"It was a lot of fun to play hide-and-seek for a half hour before the kids left for school. At one point I thought, "there has to be something more productive we should be doing right before school". But since the boys were ready to go, lunch made, violin practiced, spelling words practices, backpacks and coats ready, I got to just enjoy spending fun time with my kids and be grateful that despite my in-abilities WG has an overwhelming responsible side that rubs off on the other two. It was great, and so much fun!"
Seriously, who are you? How do you get your kids to get themselves ready like that?!?!?!? So not fair! Let me tell you a little story called, "My morning in Paradise." It goes something like this:
I go to Abram, "Time to get up." Blanket over the head. I uncover and sit him up. Then I proceed to put his feet on the floor and walk behind him to the bathroom, take down his pants and tell him to pee(yes, I have to tell him!) Then, I proceed to dress the kid, telling him when to lift his legs and arms. Finally, I sit him down in front of the door where he remains motionless until time to go!
Meanwhile, Isaac has taken off his clothes, peed on the floor 3 times(No, I did not tell him to pee!), and is currently jumping on my couch squealing repeatedly "BUTT NAKED!! BUTT NAKED!!"
I think I might one day be the owner of two of those tacky bumper stickers that say,
"My kid beat up your honor student!" Sheesh!
P.S. The boys are not suppose to be on the statues in the pictures.
8 comments:
You crack me up. Thanks for the laugh today!
I dream of the day when my kids are self-sufficient and independent! I am counting on around age 18 or so (I hope!)
Oh and thanks for the Children's Place tips a while back on my blog :)
But you take a picture before you tell them to get off...I love it! Seriously, are your friends kids really like that or is she just trying to put on a show to make us all feel bad. Violin practice done even. For real? We are usually running out the door at the last possible second with me yelling at the kids over something. Every morning when I wake up I tell myself, "Today is going to be better. I'm going to be sweet and patient. No matter what!" My little pep talk just isn't working! I guess I can be glad my kid's not peeing on the floor. Ha, ha! I'm sure it will happen someday when (or IF) Parker ever decides to give the whole potty training thing a try.
Janessa,
Yes, my friend is for real. She promises me that it is just this child and that her other 2 children would never be responsible like this without their older brother. BUT, she is a fabulous mother too, and really motivates her kids well.
I guess it's the combination of genetics and environment at it's best!
But at least they are adorable. That counts for something!
I love that you gave some one children's place tips. Where did you ever hear of that store from. And it is nice to know that our children are who they are regardless of who we are.
You seriously crack me up! Oh how I miss you! Sad, sad story - I just realized we both have boys named Isaac. We haven't kept up much, huh? ;-D Good thing we're remedying that now. So far, can't see my little man peeing on the floor. Especially with HIS dad! Dave is a "put down the toilet lid when you're through" type of guy. Oh, Summer - you're one in a million. And your boys talk like frat boys from the 80s because YOU talk like a frat boy from the 80s! ;0)
too funny. Sounds like Kitty and I fighting to get ready. She always takes her clothes off constantly. It is so annoying!
Post a Comment