
Today I gave a presentation on Adoption. I presented a mathematical model that was suppose to give more realistic wait times for adoptive couples based on race, time of entry, etc. And although this was a math project, it was very emotional for me. I can not tell you how thankful I am to be a mother. I also can not tell you how thankful I am that there are loving people out there. I read articles ranging from abused children taken in to couples waiting to adopt for years and years and never getting a child. I cried at least once a day while researching this topic. When I was young I never really wanted to be a mother, but now I can honestly say there is nothing that can fill the need to love more than being a mother. I think the most beautiful things in the world is seeing a newborn child and seeing a mother love that child. Every child needs love. So, so many women need children to love. Adoption is one of the most beautiful things I 've ever seen. I am thankful for adoption.
4 comments:
That was very touching. I love adoption too. I'm thinking of looking into it. Actually I've always wanted to adopted a little girl from China. We'll see.
That would be a tough subject to delve into and try to keep your emotions down. I liked the poop story--those are always good :)
Hey Logan friends! :) Funny to stumble across your blog!
I love adoption too. I've been thinking a lot about it, because of all the abortion hype that's going around.
what an emotional math project! and cool that you get to keep doing the math thing. I for one feel like my brain is going to mush because all I do is the "mom thing" (but I love it!)
Post a Comment