Thursday, February 7, 2008

This one touches a little too close to home


The house I grew up in caught on fire this week. If you'd like to hear more go to:
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/media_player.php?media_id=8132#
My mom loved this house. I looked through the after pictures and noticed that there are touches on my family all over the house still. You know, my mom painted the bathroom in this house like 7 different colors. It was hideous. Thinking about this, I am imagining my prom, Christmases, sleepovers, dates, races, my dogs, my little sister being little, graduation, Thanksgivings, missionaries, weird family conversations, people knocking on the door frequently to 'check out the house', etc. So many memories! I joined the church here. I got closer to my mom here. It feels like my home burnt down even though someone else has owned it for 6 years now. I can not tell you the amount of work my family put into this house. I'm sad to see this happen, and I'm sad for the new owners. I guess they are not 'new' anymore, they moved into this house right after my family. Please pray for their family, I'm sure they could use it.

5 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

Wow Summer that is really sad. I'm sorry for your loss of memories. That is amazing that you grew up in such a historical house. I actually didn't know that. I guess I can learn knew things :). We will keep this family in our prayers.

Hubers said...

Thanks Tiff, You're the best!

Rikki said...

Summer,
I still remember scraping wall paper off the living room entry way. I can't believe that happened. I remember spending the night there up in those rooms that are on fire. WOW!
That is hard to watch with so many memories you have had there.

Rikki said...

Sum,
I changed my blog address so if you still want to view it you will have to click on my name below. I also sent an email to you with the new address. That french guy freaked me out. So I didn't want my new address to have my last name.

Summer said...

oh Sum! I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine seeing all my memories go up in smoke like that. What an incredible house, and I'm sure you had lots of good times there. I don't have sound on my computer, so I wasn't able to hear the news report, but the pictures were scary enough. I hope no one was hurt?
Hope you guys are well!

Huber Look-alike Meter

Huber Look-alike Meter